DIRECTORS WANTED: Regular Season/Summer Youth Show
Greetings Ladies and Gentleman from the Whidbey Playhouse, your Community Theatre!
Greetings Potential Directors, there is still time to get those submissions in. Below in some of the important things you want to consider if you are thinking of submitting a show. The Playhouse is so excited about the 2020-2021 Season and we cannot wait to see what awesome ideas all you fine theatre folks come up with.
- Director submissions deadline is October 15
- Plays/Musicals submitted after Oct 15 could potentially not end up on the survey that will be distributed out to all the patrons.
- Directors who miss the deadline submission for a show they are submitting for are still eligible to be considered potential directors.
- Straight plays should be purchased by directors interested or feel free to use the Playhouse library. (places to order scripts Samuel French, Dramatists Play Rights, Playscripts Inc).
- Musical submissions check Playhouse library or let Eric George or Sue Riney know and we will discuss the purchasing of a perusal on a case by case basis
- If an idea for a show does not speak to you, we encourage you still fill out a Director Application and let us know you are interested so we can come and talk to you about another opportunity.
- Directors must submit a full package including a director application, a copy of Play script, or musical perusal, and CD recording of the show (if applicable).
To be considered, a Director's Application and Play Submission Packet must be submitted to the Whidbey Playhouse no later than October 16 2019.
Here are some places that you can go for a wide variety of Comedy and Drama shows and musicals.
A good place to start your search is:
Dramatists Play Service, Inc.:
Music Theatre International:
Rogers and Hammerstein:
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY!
The Play Selection Committee of the Whidbey Playhouse invites past, or experienced directors interested in directing a play or musical during the Whidbey Playhouse's 2020-2021 Season to do so (2 productions maximum per director)!
Directors we need you to please print, review the following documents, and submit applications to the Whidbey Playhouse with all the requested materials to the attention of the Play Selection Committee. If you have, any questions refer to Play Submission and Play Day Plan for 2020-2021.
Based on the number and variety of submissions made by the October 16deadline, the Play Selection Committee may identify additional productions they feel would be good candidates to consider and will make outreach to potential directors to determine interest.
With input from the Play Selection Committee, the Board will select the shows for the season from those submitted. Because the Board must consider the structure of the season, balanced with various types of plays, the availability of plays from publishers, and finding directors who wish to direct the shows, the Board cannot promise to pick only the shows with the most votes.
They will create a balanced season, keeping in mind both the desires of the membership and those who wish to audition for or work on shows.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have, any questions please feel free to email them to the Play Selection Chair Eric George at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will create a balanced season, keeping in mind both the desires of the membership and those who wish to audition for or work on shows.
SUMMER YOUTH SHOW:
2020-21 Summer Youth Show Directors Wanted
Are you looking for a fun summer project? Love working with kids of all ages? Do you have ideas that you wish you could put onto a theatre stage? Then the Playhouse has a great opportunity for you, we are looking for individuals who are interested in directing our July, 2020 youth production! Some of the past productions have been Beauty and the Beast JR, Alice in Wonderland JR, The Little Mermaid JR, and The Lion King JR Experience.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY!
Directors will need to fill out and submit the following Director Application, specifically for the Summer Youth Production. Once the application has been filled out, please submit the application to the Whidbey Playhouse box office, and make it to the attention of the Play Selection Committee.
The official cutoff date for director submissions will be October 16
Directors must submit a full package including a director application, a copy of Play script, or musical perusal, and CD recording of the show (if applicable).